Utah registered agent service in West Jordan!
Utah registered agent service for $49 a year.
Starting a business in Utah requires a registered agent to accept service of process on behalf of your business. One of the key benefits to hiring our registered agent service is that we own our building in West Jordan, Utah. That allows us to support our clients in a few valuable ways:
- Our address is yours. Your state filings become part of the public record. When you hire us, we include our permanent business address and information, not yours. Why? To save you the hassle of junk mail, salespeople, and nosy folks.
- Trust local experts. Since we own a building in West Jordan, Utah, we can employ local registered agents and filing experts who know Utah business filings better than anyone else.
- We’re here to stay. Other registered agent services often lease third-party vendor addresses. Since we own our building outright, it’s a permanent address you can rely on year after year. One less potential headache to worry about so that you can just focus on running your business.
That’s really just the tip of the iceberg, but it’s worth highlighting up front because for $49 a year, you are getting more than just a registered agent service to accept service of process on your behalf. We made sure to own our building outright to help our clients protect their privacy for the long haul.
Everything our Utah registered agent service includes:
- FREE use of our West Jordan business address on your public filings.
- FREE limited mail forwarding
- Timely reminders to file your Utah annual reports.
- An online account you can log into at any time to view, download and/or store your important Utah documents or track your annual report due dates.
- You’ll get an email and invoice asking you to renew our service. You don’t automatically get charged.
- All Utah service of process and important documents are scanned and uploaded immediately into your online account at our Utah office.
- Immediate forms for filing with the State of Utah, prepopulated with our Utah registered agent information.
That’s all included in the cost of our service, but that’s not everything we offer. We also offer more comprehensive paid mail forwarding options, including an all-inclusive Utah Virtual Office that includes a lease in our building, a phone line with with any US area code of your choice, and everything you need to professionalize your business. Plus, we’ve partnered with Law on Call—a nonlawyer-owned law firm that provides instant and unlimited phone access to licensed Utah attorneys. You can add this service for just $9 a month, with the first two months FREE.
In Utah, the Division of Corporations & Commercial Code does not require signatures on documents for LLCs or corporations be originals. We do not have to sign your forms as your registered agent. If you sign up for service you’ll receive all the necessary forms pre-signed (if needed) to make your filings with the Utah Secretary of State immediately. You will have what you need, AND understand what to do with it, in less than 10 minutes.
Cost to Start a Business in Utah
Below are the current state filing fees for Utah corporations and LLCs:
|Entity||State filing fee||Utah registered agent required?|
|Foreign Utah LLC||$54||Yes|
|Foreign Utah Corporation||$54||Yes|
HAVE AN OUT OF STATE CORPORATION OR LLC NEEDING TO DO BUSINESS IN UTAH?
When filing a certificate of authority as a foreign Utah LLC or foreign corporation in Utah, you will need to get a certificate of good standing (current within 90 days) from your home state. It does not need to be an original copy. Here is a list of home state certificate fees from some of the common states that people are from:
- Wyoming: $0 online or $10 by mail
- Arizona: $45
- Nevada: $50
You can make these filings by submitting the forms and a check payment to the Utah Secretary of State at the address listed above. You can also pay online, by fax or walk in your filings. Upon signing up for registered agent service, you’ll see all the necessary forms you need, pre-signed by us to make your filing, in your online account.
Normal filings (in person or mailed) are processed by the state within two weeks after they receive them. If you file online (no additional charge), it gets done in 24 business hours, but it is a daunting and sometimes frustrating process. Expedited processing is available for $129 and it will get done within two business days.
Utah Annual Reports
Once registered to do business in Utah, an annual report is due by the end of the month in which you incorporated (ex. If you incorporated on October 5th, your annual report would be due by the last day of October each year thereafter). Annual reports cost $18. Notification is by postcard sent to your registered agent 60 days prior to the due date. There is a $10 late fee. Online annual report filing is available. As your registered agent, your annual report post card will be stored in your online account and you will receive email notification and timely email reminders to file your annual report.
We would love to have your business, and it actually means something to us. We’re not a huge company, but we have the resources in place to make sure we stay at the top of our game. Our team is always available to help answer any questions you may have about Utah registered agent service and incorporating in Utah. Every company in Utah is required to maintain a registered agent and a registered office. We can accomplish this for you, and you won’t have a bunch of red tape and hidden fees with us. We just need your contact information so we know how to forward service of process to you, and how to get a hold of you when we need to. Thank you for your time and the opportunity to serve you.